Thinking about Social Psychology
STEP 1: In a post of at least 200 words, respond to ONE of the questions below:
- Do you ever try to persuade friends or family members to do something? How do you try to persuade them? How do they try to persuade you? Give specific examples.
- If you were a social psychologist, what would you want to research? Why? How would you go about it?
- If you were a college professor, what would you do to increase the success of in-class learning teams? Consider what you learned about group behavior in this module.
- Have you ever been part of a group that made a poor decision and, if so, were any of the symptoms of groupthink present in your group? How could that be prevented?
STEP 2: Comment on at least TWO other posts in responses of at least 75 words.
Licenses and Attributions (Click to expand)
CC licensed content, Shared previously
- Questions on groupthink. Authored by: Donelson R. Forsyth . Provided by: University of Richmond. Located at: http://nobaproject.com/modules/the-psychology-of-groups?r=MTc0ODYsMzIzMDY%3D. Project: The Noba Project. License: CC BY-NC-SA: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
- Discussion questions. Authored by: Robert Biswas-Diener . Provided by: Portland State University. Located at: http://nobaproject.com/modules/an-introduction-to-the-science-of-social-psychology?r=MTc0ODYsMzIzMDY%3D. Project: The Noba Project. License: CC BY-NC-SA: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
- Thinking about Social Psychology Discussion Questions. Provided by: Lumen Learning. License: CC BY-NC-SA: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike