Chapter 4: Rule Britannia! The English Empire, 1660–1763
Critical Thinking Questions
15. How did Pennsylvania’s Quaker beginnings distinguish it from other colonies in British America?
16. What were the effects of the consumer revolution on the colonies?
17. How did the ideas of the Enlightenment and the Great Awakening offer opposing outlooks to British Americans? What similarities were there between the two schools of thought?
18. What was the impact of the wars for empire in North America, Europe, and the world?
19. What role did Native Americans play in the wars for empire?
20. What shared experiences, intellectual currents, and cultural elements drew together British subjects on both sides of the Atlantic during this period? How did these experiences, ideas, and goods serve to strengthen those bonds?