Chapter 26: Franklin Roosevelt and the New Deal 1932-1941
12. To what extent was Franklin Roosevelt’s overwhelming victory in the 1932 presidential election a reflection of his own ideas for change? To what extent did it represent public discontent with Herbert Hoover’s lack of answers?
13. Whom did the New Deal help the least? What hardships did these individuals continue to suffer? Why were Roosevelt’s programs unsuccessful in the alleviation of their adversities?
14. Was Franklin Roosevelt successful at combatting the Great Depression? How did the New Deal affect future generations of Americans?
15. What were the key differences between the First New Deal and the Second New Deal? On the whole, what did each New Deal set out to accomplish?
16. What challenges did Roosevelt face in his work on behalf of African Americans? What impact did the New Deal have ultimately on race relations?