Chapter 28: Post-War Prosperity and Cold War Fears, 1945-1960
15. How did some Americans turn their wartime experiences into lasting personal gains (i.e. better employment, a new home, or an education) after the war was over? Why did others miss out on these opportunities?
16. What was the reason for the breakdown in friendly relations between the United States and the Soviet Union after World War II? What were the results of this conflict?
17. How did fear of the Soviet Union and Communism affect American culture and society?
18. What social changes took place in the United States after World War II? What role did the war play in those changes?
19. How did the wartime experiences of African Americans contribute to the drive for greater civil rights after the war?