Chapter 32: The Challenges of the Twenty-First Century
13. What factors led to the Great Recession?
14. How have conservatives fared in their efforts to defend “American” culture against an influx of immigrants in the twenty-first century?
15. In what ways are Barack Obama’s ideas regarding the economy, education, and the environment similar to those of Bush, his Republican predecessor? In what ways are they different?
16. How successful has the United States been in achieving its goals in Iraq and Afghanistan?
17. In what ways has the United States become a more heterogeneous and inclusive place in the twenty-first century? In what ways has it become more homogenous and exclusive?