Chapter 31: From Cold War to Culture Wars, 1980-2000
Critical Thinking Questions
13. What were some of the long-term effects of the Reagan Revolution and the rise of conservatives?
14. What events led to the end of the Cold War? What impact did the end of the Cold War have on American politics and foreign policy concerns?
15. Which issues divided Americans most significantly during the culture wars of the 1980s and 1990s?
16. In what ways was Bill Clinton a traditional Democrat in the style of Kennedy and Johnson? In what ways was he a conservative, like Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush?
17. Describe American involvement in global affairs during this period. How did American foreign policy change and evolve between 1980 and 2000, in both its focus and its approach?